You’re gonna love these 5 ingredient keto recipes! If you try them, please drop me a message in the comment section below.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure for more info.
My favorite recipes for the keto diet are the ones with 5 ingredients or less. Why? Because my attention span is very short and my fridge is usually not that stocked unless I just went grocery shopping. If you landed here, I’m guessing you’re in the same boat as me. You’re looking for some easy low carb recipes with minimal ingredients for those busy weeknights that won’t take a lot of time to make, right? Well, you’ve arrived at the best possible place.
Just because you have to prepare most of your meals on the ketogenic diet doesn’t mean you have to be in the kitchen cooking all the time. These quick and easy 5 ingredient recipes are going to be your new favorite thing about the keto diet.
Whenever I’m not making recipes with only 5 ingredients or less, I’m meal prepping. And I’m not taking about grilled chicken breasts and roasted broccoli here. I’m talking about the best keto freezer meals you’ll ever try made completely ahead of time. The best part? You only have to do it once a month.
So a lot of these recipes below might seem like snacks or appetizers or desserts or side dishes, but they’re really just the in-betweener low carb meals that I eat when I don’t feel like a freezer meal that day. And they really are filling too.
One tiny caveat. When I say “5 ingredients,” I’m talking about the main ingredients. I don’t count seasonings and oils. Why? You probably already have that in your pantry easily accessible, but don’t worry, I won’t go overboard with the seasonings on these recipes.
What are the best keto common ingredients to keep on hand?
- Salt: I am a total salt snob after reading the book “Salt, Fat, Acid Heat” (seriously good book if you love cooking and making your own creations.) So the best salt is going to be unrefined salt like Sea salt or Himalayan salt which also have minerals that will help you combat keto flu. Absolutely no iodized salt ever. Just delete from your pantry. It doesn’t exist. It will make your keto cookies taste like keys.
- Ground Black Pepper: Pick up your favorite peppercorns and grind it up, or buy the already ground kind like the rest of us.
- Chili Powder: To make things spicy!
- Onion Powder: So you don’t have to buy onions and save on carbs.
- Garlic Powder: So you don’t have to mince or chop or peel garlic.
- Italian Seasoning: To make everything taste like pizza.
- Taco Seasoning: It’s best to make your own, but if you pick up one from the grocery store or online, make sure it doesn’t contain fillers or anti-caking agents or hidden sugars like Maltodextrin. Those can add tons of extra carbs if you aren’t careful so it’s best to steer clear.
- Ranch Seasoning: Same thing as the taco seasoning. There are always some sneaky ingredients in these pre-made seasonings so make your own ahead of time with the seasoning you have on hand.
- Curry Powder: Perfect for chicken and veggies.
- Olive Oil: I’m also an olive oil snob. Did you know that olive oil is supposed to be fresh and most Americans have rancid oils sitting on their pantry shelves? You know, that olive oil thing you got for your wedding. Yeah, stop cooking with that. Ew. Pick up some California Olive Ranch EVOO. You’ll thank me later for the best brownies ever. Yes, I add it to brownies.
- Butter: Grass-fed is best since it’s full fat! But my mom loves to buy that big roll of Amish butter and it is exquisite, plus it will last you forever, unless you’re making a dozen cakes a week.
- Vinegar: You know olive oil’s best friend, the best compliment to a salad, the best marinade, the best household cleaner (wait, what?), the list goes on.
5 Ingredient Keto Recipes
I like to write my recipes in narrative format because that is how my brain works when I cook, but I do have a few recipes in standard format too. I’ve included references to those recipes down below too!
- Pancakes: Add to small mixing bowl 2 oz Cream Cheese + 2 Eggs + 1 Monk Fruit Packet + ½ teaspoon Cinnamon + Mix well + Rest 2 minutes + Cook 2 minutes in hot greased pan until bubbles + Flip + Cook 1 minute in pan + Serve with Sugar Free Maple Syrup
- Cinnamon Cold Brew: Add to tall glass 1 scoop Ice Cubes + 8 ounces Cold Brew Coffee + 2 tablespoons Heavy Whipping Cream + 1 tablespoon Lakanto Cinnamon Maple Syrup + Stir
- French Toast Latte: In a large coffee mug froth 4 ounces Unsweetened Almond Milk until very foamy + Add 3-10 drops OOOFlavor French Toast Extract + 1 teaspoon Granulated Sugar Free Sweetener
- Pumpkin Spice Cold Brew: In a small measuring cup add ½ cup Heavy Whipping Cream + 2 tablespoons Sugar Free Cinnamon Maple Syrup + 1 tablespoon Pumpkin Puree + ¼ teaspoon Pumpkin Spice + Froth + Add to tall glass 8 ounces Cold Brew Coffee frozen into cubes + Pour lightly frothed cream over cold brew cubes
- Peanut Butter Cookies: Add to medium mixing bowl 1 cup Peanut Butter + ⅓ cup Powdered Sugar Free Sweetener + 1 Egg + Mix well + Form 1 inch balls with small cookie scoop + Add to parchment lined baking pan + Apply criss-cross pattern with fork + Bake at 375 degrees F for 10-15 minutes
- Chocolate Fat Bombs: Add to small mixing bowl 4 tablespoons Butter + ¼ cup Sugar Free Chocolate Chips + Melt in microwave 30 seconds + Add 1 serving Chocolate Keto Chow + ¼ cup Sugar Free Powdered Sweetener + Mix well + Add 1 tablespoon Heavy Whipping Cream + Form 1 inch balls with small cookie scoop
- Salted Peanut Butter Fudge: Add to medium mixing bowl 2 cups Peanut Butter + ½ cup Coconut Butter or Coconut Oil + ¼ cup Sugar Free Maple Syrup + using small cookie scoop drop small mounds into a 24 mini muffin silicone pan + Freeze 30 minutes
- Peanut Butter Fat Bombs: Add to medium mixing bowl 4 ounces Cream Cheese + ¼ cup Peanut Butter + 2 tablespoons Sugar Free Powdered Sweetener + Mix well + Form 1 inch balls with small cookie scoop + Refrigerate 30 minutes + Coat with crushed Sugar Free Chocolate Chips
- Chocolate Mousse: Add to medium mixing bowl 1 cup Heavy Whipping Cream + ¼ cup Sugar Free Powdered Sweetener + Mix well with electric mixer + Add ¼ cup Unsweetened Cocoa Powder + Whip on high until stiff peaks
- Chocolate Cookies: Add to medium mixing bowl ½ cup Almond Butter + 1 tablespoon Unsweetened Cocoa Powder + Mix well + Add ¼ cup Sugar Free Maple Syrup + Form 1 inch balls with small cookie scoop + Add to parchment lined baking sheet + Flatten + Bake for 10 minutes at 350 degrees F
- Peanut Butter Eggs: Add to medium mixing bowl 1 cup Peanut Butter + ⅔ cup Coconut Flour + ⅓ cup Powdered Sugar Free Sweetener + Form into 2 inch eggs with small cookie scoop + Melt Sugar Free Chocolate Chips in microwave 30 seconds + Coat eggs + Refrigerate 30 minutes
- Pumpkin Pie Fat Bombs: Add to medium mixing bowl 8 ounces softened Cream Cheese + ⅓ cup Almond Butter + ¼ cup Sugar Free Granulated Sweetener + 2 tablespoons Pumpkin Puree + 1 teaspoon Pumpkin Spice + Mix well + Form into 1 inch balls with small cookie scoop + Coat with sweetener & spice
- Pumpkin Cookies: Add to medium mixing bowl 1.5 cups Almond Flour + ¼ cup Sugar Free Granulated Sweetener + Mix well + Add ⅓ cup Pumpkin Puree + Mix well + Form 1 inch balls with small cookie scoop + Add to parchment lined baking sheet + Flatten + Baking for 15-17 minutes at 350 degrees F
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Fat Bombs (my favorite): Add to small mixing bowl 4 tablespoons Butter + ½ cup Coconut Oil + ¼ cup Peanut Butter + Melt in microwave 30 seconds + Add ¼ cup Unsweetened Cocoa Powder + 1 packet Sugar Free Sweetener + Mix well + Pour into 24 mini muffin silicone pan + Freezer 30 minutes
- Cheesecake Fluff: Add to small mixing bowl 1 cup Heavy Whipping Cream + Whip to stiff peaks + Set aside + In separate bowl add 8 ounces Cream Cheese + ½ cup Sugar Free Powdered Sweetener + Fold in whipped Heavy Whipping Cream
- Dalgona Coffee: Add to small bowl 2 tablespoons Instant Coffee + 2 tablespoons Sugar Free Granulated Sweetener + 2 tablespoons Boiling Water + Whip for 2 minutes until stiff peaks + Add to large coffee mug 1 cup Unsweetened Almond Milk + 1 tablespoon Heavy Whipping Cream + Add whipped coffee mixture on top
- Chocolate Chip Cookies: Add to medium mixing bowl 1 cup Cashew Butter + ½ cup Sugar Free Granulated Sweetener + 1 Egg + 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract + ¼ teaspoon Baking Soda + ½ cup Sugar Free Chocolate Chips + Mix well + Form 1 inch balls with small cookie scoop + Add to parchment lined baking sheet + Flatten + Bake for 10-12 minutes at 350 degrees F
- Breakfast Fat Bombs: Add to medium mixing bowl 4 chopped Boiled Eggs + 8 ounces cubed Cream Cheese + 2 tablespoons chopped Green Onions + Mix well + Form 2 inch mounds with small cookie scoop + Refrigerate 30 minutes + Coat mounds in 1 pound cooked & chopped Bacon
- Sausage Balls: Add to large mixing bowl 2 cups Almond Flour + 2 cups hand shredded Cheddar Cheese + 2 teaspoons Italian Seasoning + 2 teaspoons Garlic Powder + 8 ounces softened Cream Cheese + 1 pound Ground Sausage + Form 1 inch balls with small cookie scoop + Add to parchment lined baking sheet + Bake for 8 minutes at 400 degrees F + Lift each ball off parchment paper with spatula + Bake additional 8 minutes + Broil 2 minutes
- Pizza Chaffle: Add to small mixing bowl 1 Egg + ½ cup hand shredded Mozzarella Cheese + ½ teaspoon Baking Powder + 1 teaspoon Nutritional Yeast + Mix well + Add to pre-heated mini waffle maker sprinkle of Mozzarella Cheese + Add ½ egg mixture to waffle maker + Top with sprinkle of Mozzarella Cheese + Mini Pepperonis + Cook for 3 minutes + Repeat with other ½ egg mixture
- Taco Soup: In a large skillet add 3 pounds Ground Beef + Brown meat + Add to slow cooker cooked Ground Beef + 2 cans Diced Tomatoes + 2 small cans Diced Green Chilis + 2 packets Keto Chow Taco Base + 1 teaspoon Cumin + 1 teaspoon Chili Powder + 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder + Salt & Pepper to taste + Mix well + Top with 8 ounces cubed Cream Cheese + Slow cook on high 2-3 hours + Stir
- Protein Sparing Bread (I make this weekly): Add to large standing mixer 12 Egg Whites + ¼ cup Allulose + ½ teaspoon Sea Salt + ½ teaspoon Cream of Tartar Whip until very stiff peaks form + Add 1 cup Egg White Protein + Fold in gently on low + Pile whipped mixture into greased bread pan with spatula + Bake for 30 minutes at 325 degrees F + Turn off oven + Allow to sit in oven 15 minutes
- Keto Cloud Bread: Add to medium mixing bowl 3 Egg Whites + ⅛ teaspoon Cream of Tartar + Whip with electric mixer until stiff peaks form + Set aside + In a separate bowl + Add 3 Egg Yolks + 3 ounces softened Cream Cheese + ⅛ teaspoon Sea Salt + Mix well with electric mixer until smooth + Fold egg yolk mixture into egg white mixture + Heap 6 mounds onto parchment lined baking sheet + Flatten into discs + Bake for 25-35 minutes at 350 degrees F
- Deviled Eggs: Boil 12 Eggs + Peel + Cut in half lengthwise + Pop out Egg Yolks + Set Aside egg halves + Add to medium mixing bowl Egg Yolks + ¼ cup Mayonnaise + 2 teaspoons Yellow Mustard + 2 teaspoons Dijon Mustard + Salt & Pepper to taste + Mash with fork until smooth + Add to freezer bag yolk mixture + Cut corner of freezer bag + Pipe mixture into egg halves
- Jicama Fries: Peel Jicama + Cut into thin strips + Boil Jicama Fries 12-15 minutes until soft + Pat dry + Coat in Olive Oil + ½ teaspoon Cumin + ½ teaspoon Garlic Powder + ¼ teaspoon Sea Salt + Place in air fryer for 20-25 minutes at 400 degrees F
- Biscuits: Add to medium mixing bowl 1 cup & 2 tablespoons chilled Almond Flour + 2 tablespoons cold Butter + Cut in butter until pea-like dough forms + Add 1 teaspoon Baking Powder + ¼ teaspoon Sea Salt + Mix well + Add 3 cold Egg Whites + Mix well + Add mounds to parchment lined baking sheet with medium cookie scoop + Bake for 12-14 minutes at 400 degrees F
- Chicken Nuggets: Add to small mixing bowl 1 can Chicken + 1 Egg + ½ cup hand shredded Monterey Jack Cheese + Salt & Pepper to taste + Mix well + Form into nuggets + Place in air fryer 8-10 minutes at 400 degrees F flipping half way
- Sushi: Peel Cucumber + Lay flat pieces down on cutting board overlapping slightly + Spread Cream Cheese + Smoked Salmon + Avocado Slices + Roll + Slice + Top with Sesame Seeds & Teriaki Sauce
- Egg Bites: Scramble 6 Eggs + Mix in 1 cup Shredded Cheese + 1 cup Diced Ham + 1 teaspoon Onion Powder + ½ teaspoon Sea Salt + ½ teaspoon Pepper + 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning + 1 cup Pre-cooked Bacon (optional) + Pour into prepared muffin tin + Bake at 350 degrees F for 15 minutes
- Butter Chicken: Add to Instant Pot 1 can Diced Tomatoes + 6 Garlic Cloves + 2 teaspoons Minced Ginger + 1 teaspoon Turmeric + ½ teaspoons Cayenne Pepper + 1 teaspoon Smoked Paprika +1 teaspoon Sea Salt + 1 teaspoon Garam Masala + 1 teaspoon Ground Cumin + 1 pound Chicken Thighs + Manual cook 10 minutes on high + Remove chicken + Immersion blender sauce + Add 4 ounces cubed Butter + 4 ounces Heavy Whipping Cream + 1 teaspoon Garam Masala + Stir + Add chicken
- Bacon Twists: Add to small mixing bowl ¼ cup Sugar Free Brown Sweetener + ¼ cup Sugar Free Maple Syrup + Mix well + Add to parchment lined baking sheet 10 slices Bacon + Brush glaze onto bacon + Twist Bacon slices + Bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees F
- Hash Browns: Add to small mixing bowl ½ cup thawed Cauliflower Rice + ½ cup hand shredded Monterey Jack Cheese + 1 Egg + Mix well + Cook in pre-heated mini waffle maker for 3 minutes
- Salmon Patties: Add to small mixing bowl 1 drained can Salmon + 1 Egg + 1 cup hand shredded Monterey Jack Cheese + Form patties + Heat Olive Oil in skillet on medium heat + Add patties + Fry 5-7 minutes on both sides until golden brown
- Taco Casserole: Add to large skillet 1 pound Ground Beef + Brown meat + Add 8 ounces Tomato Sauce + 1 tablespoon Chili Powder + 1 teaspoon Cumin + 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder + 1 teaspoon Paprika + ½ teaspoon Oregano + ½ teaspoon Onion Powder + ¼ teaspoon Sea Salt + ¼ teaspoon Pepper + ¼ teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes + Simmer 3-4 minutes + Spoon ground beef mixture into greased baking dish + Layer with 2 cups hand shredded Cheddar Cheese + 4 Low Carb Whole Wheat Tortillas cut into strips + Bake for 20-30 minutes at 350 degrees F
- Cauliflower Rice: Grate 1 large head Cauliflower into “rice” + Add to skillet 1 tablespoon Olive Oil + Cauliflower Rice + Cover & cook on medium heat for 5-8 minutes
Love these free recipes? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow me on Facebook, Pinterest, Tiktok, and Instagram.
Leave a Reply