Are you looking for a fun and easy keto recipe that the whole family will love? Then you have to try these keto sausage balls! With just 5 ingredients plus seasoning, they are the perfect appetizer or snack to make in 30 minutes or less, and so delicious you won’t believe they’re keto-friendly. You will love that this keto sausage recipe is really easy to throw together – just like regular sausage balls, but with a keto twist!
Why You’ll Love This Keto Sausage Balls Recipe
- Perfect for holiday or party appetizer
- Great idea for breakfast meal prep
- Low carb and grain-free
- Only 5 main ingredients plus seasoning
- Make it in 30 minutes or less
Ingredients for Keto Sausage Balls
1. Blanched Superfine Almond Flour: This type of almond flour is necessary in keto baking because it’s the closest thing to actual flour, and it add great texture, plus it helps hold the mounds together.
2. Hand Shredded Cheddar Cheese: Store-bought shredded cheese contains more carbs because it has potato starch added to keep the shreds from sticking together in transit. It’s best to always hand shred from a block of cheese. It may be extra work, but you’ll thank me later since the taste will be amazing.
3. Italian Seasoning: I put this seasoning on literally everything. It’s the perfect blend of spices all in one convenient bottle. It’s the lazy way, but it’s also the saving my sanity way!
4. Baking Powder: Whatever you do, don’t use that dusty baking powder in the back of your pantry. Chunky baking powder does not make for a great baking companion. The absolute best brand I’ve found is Rumford. It’s a little red tin, and it’s found at most grocery stores.
5. Garlic Powder: Another staple for cooking in general. I add to my dishes a little more garlic powder (and fresh minced garlic cloves) than I care to admit, but it’s so delicious!
6. Cream Cheese: Use your favorite cream cheese brand, but if you don’t have a preference, I recommend finding one that had the lowest net carbs per serving.
7. Jimmy Dean’s Breakfast Sausage: This ingredient gets a lot of hate because it contains a miniscule amount of not so friendly keto ingredients like sugar & corn syrup. If you are concerned about this, any fresh pork sausage will work for this recipe.
Want More Holiday Recipes?
If you liked this easy-to-make appetizer, you’ll love these other recipes:
The Best Keto Sausage Balls
- 2 cups blanched superfine almond flour
- 2 cups hand shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 8 oz cream cheese room temperature and cubed
- 1 lb Jimmy Dean's breakfast sausage
- In a large mixing bowl, add almond flour, cheese, seasonings, and baking powder. Mix well. Easiest to mix with your hands!
- Add cream cheese and sausage. Mix until just incorporated and don't overmix.
- Using a small cookie scoop, form balls and place on a foil-lined, well-greased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 8 minutes at 400 degrees F. Then, using a well-greased spatula, lift each sausage ball off the cookie sheet to prevent sticking. Bake for 8 minutes until just barely cooked through. Broil for 2 minutes for a nice brown finish!