Last Updated on August 22, 2022 by Olivia Wyles
Thank goodness for coffee! It’s such a relief that coffee is a huge part of the keto Diet. For years, I was misinformed by “health” articles claiming that coffee should be left out of our diet. Ever since I discovered the keto diet and how much coffee plays a part, I was elated to find so many different ways to make coffee and stay low carb. Another thing I cannot live without is coffee creamer.
Tons of beginners ask “WHAT CAN I PUT IN MY COFFEE ON KETO?” So I decided to come up with the best Bulletproof coffee creamer recipes out there. These keto coffee creamers will remind you of your favorite Coffee-Mate or International Delight creamer (see Cinnabon recipe).
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure for more info.
Check them out and tell me what you think! Make sure to look at the notes below first for recipe tips.
What is Bulletproof coffee?
Bulletproof coffee is an essential keto diet staple. Created by Bulletproof’s Dave Asprey after a trip to Tibet. It’s basically a blended mixture of “Bulletproof coffee beans; grass-fed, unsalted butter or ghee; and Brain Octane oil.” Brain Octane oil is a Bulletproof’s high grade MCT oil (or medium-chain triglycerides) aka more fat that you need in your keto diet.
So all together Bulletproof coffee serves as a multi-function drink for increased clean energy, fullness, and extra fat for your keto diet. The coffee creamer recipes below have a Bulletproof coffee base so make sure to pick up quality ingredients from Bulletproof.
Before moving on to the Bulletproof coffee creamer recipes, make sure you have perfected the art of the Bulletproof coffee recipe.
How do you make Keto-Friendly Coffee Creamer?
These recipes are meant to be quick and easy so you should only have to gather your ingredients and stir into your coffee. BUT, if you are making your coffee creamer with Ghee, I recommend blending it. Why blend it? So the Ghee will become more creamy and frothy.
If you can tolerate dairy, go for the heavy whipping cream and stir in your ingredients.
The recipes are meant to be tailored to YOUR taste so have fun with it. The measurements below are more like guidelines. My taste may not be the same as your taste. Sprinkle a little spice here or drop a little extract there, stir, sip, and enjoy!
Want a Keto Snack List That’s Printable?
Are you struggling to come up with keto snack ideas? There is only so much time in the day to plan out your meals and snacks.
Wouldn’t it be nice to have all your recipes and ideas for your keto diet in one spot?
This keto printable has your favorite snacks in one spot for a successful keto diet! On sale for a limited time!
For sweeteners, you can use any keto-friendly sweetener, but for the best taste and the easiest to stir into your coffee, I recommend specifically the Sweet Drops Organic Stevia, Lakanto Liquid Monk Fruit Extract, or Pyure Stevia & Erythritol Blend.
My personal favorite is Pyure because there is no aftertaste in my opinion. Beware of brands touting zero carb and zero calorie little packets like Splenda and Stevia in the Raw. Although these are keto-approved sweeteners, the carbs from these little packets can add up quick so it’s best to stay away.
Your keto coffee would not be complete without the addition of healthy fats. Those fats come in the form of MCT oil, butter, ghee, coconut oil, nut butter, and cocoa butter.
For Bulletproof coffee recipes, we are going to stick with MCT oil (specifically Brain Octane oil), ghee, or butter. You will notice that ghee acts as a double agent as both fat and cream.
MCT oil is another great dietary supplement that helps with cravings, brain fog, and energy levels. Read more about MCT oil and its amazing benefits.
The best keto approved cream bases are heavy whipping cream and ghee. Other acceptable creams are unsweetened nut milks (almond, soy, etc.) half and half, but you won’t get the best fat intake from these two.
One note about heavy whipping cream: don’t be deceived by the enticing zero carbs on the nutrition label. Most manufacturers will choose not to disclose if the serving size is below one carbohydrate; others may display less than 1 carbohydrate (<1 carb) on their nutrition labels. So you have to be careful and track how much cream you add to your coffee.
If you choose to use ghee, make sure to blend it with all the other ingredients to have the best Bulletproof coffee creamer you’ve ever tasted.
You can derive flavor from all sorts of low carb or no carb options. The most recommended options for the keto diet are flavored coffees, extracts, spices, and some sugar-free syrups. Since carb counts vary from brand to brand, make sure to check the nutrition facts for hidden sugars like dextrose or glucose.
Extracts must be PURE. Manufacturers tend to add extra sugar to extracts which can add up quickly in the carb count even if just using a few drops. Look out for another name for sugar on the label “Propylene Glycol” and avoid.
A little bit goes a long way with extracts. If you put anything more than ⅛ of a teaspoon in a large coffee, you’ll end up with something you should be drinking at happy hour because the alcohol content in the extract will overpower your coffee. It’s best to stick with just a couple drops of extract.
Spices are another great flavoring for coffee and always zero carb. Unless there are hidden sugars! Always check the label. Just a few sprinkles of spice are all that’s needed to add exotic flavor to your coffee. Flavor God has the best keto-friendly spices out there.
Flavored coffees are a great way to cut out the middle man. The flavor is roasted right into the coffee beans with no added sugar. Hazelnut and cherry flavored coffees are the best!
Some sugar free syrups can add great flavor that mimic their sugary counterparts. The most keto-friendly brands are Lakanto and Jordan’s Skinny Mixes. For Jordan’s, make sure to pick up the one with keto on the packaging as it’s sweetened with Stevia, Monk Fruit, and Erythritol. They even contain MCT Oil too!
An All-in-one Solution
For the truly lazy (I mean, truly genius!), there is an all-in-one solution if you are low on time. Perfect Keto makes an excellent salted caramel flavor collagen powder that contains MCT oil and Stevia. So all you have to add is the cream.
Just stir in one scoop of this super creamy collagen powder for an excellent source of protein, fats, and energy. Collagen is an excellent source of protein that is very popular for the keto diet.
Why collagen? It has the best bang for your buck when it comes to protein sources. It helps your skin, nails, joints, muscles, and your gut health. With so many benefits and with just how easy it is to add to your morning coffee, why wouldn’t you want collagen? This isn’t exactly a Bulletproof coffee approach as much as it is a lazy Keto hack.
Another genius all-in-one solution are the ready-to-drink cold brew coffee drinks from Bulletproof.
What Can I Put In My Coffee On Keto?
So to recap, there are so many options available on the Keto diet that you can put in your coffee. Here are the best ones below:
- Heavy whipping cream
- Half & half
- Unsweetened Nut Milks like Almond, Macadamia, Cashew, Hemp, or Soy
- Sweeteners like Stevia, Monk Fruit, Erythritol, or a blend of all 3
- MCT oil like Brain Octane Oil
- Extracts like Almond, Chocolate, Coconut, Eggnog, Hazelnut, Raspberry, Vanilla, Butter, Rum, Maple, Cake Batter, and Peppermint
- Spices like Cinnamon, Nutmeg, Pumpkin Spice, Gingerbread Spice, Cacao, Ginger, Cardamom, Star Anise, Cloves, and Cocoa Powder
- Some Sugar Free Syrups like Lakanto and Jordon’s Skinny Mixes (make sure it’s the one with keto on the label)
- Collagen like Perfect Keto’s Collagen Powder
Order your ingredients on Amazon now by clicking on the highlighted links.
Flavored Keto Bulletproof Coffee Creamer Recipes
- Cinnabon: 1-2 teaspoons Ghee or 1-2 tablespoons Heavy Whipping Cream + 1-2 tablespoons MCT Oil + 1-2 sprinkles Ground Cinnamon + 1-2 drops Vanilla Extract + 1-2 Stevia Drops or 1-2 teaspoons Pyure or Monk Fruit Sweetener
- Mocha: 1-2 teaspoons Ghee or 1-2 tablespoons Heavy Whipping Cream + 1-2 tablespoons MCT Oil + 1-2 sprinkles Cocoa Powder + 1-2 drops Vanilla Extract + 1-2 Stevia Drops or 1-2 teaspoons Pyure or Monk Fruit Sweetener
- White Chocolate Raspberry: 1-2 teaspoons Ghee or 1-2 tablespoons Heavy Whipping Cream + 1-2 tablespoons MCT Oil + 1 small handful Raw Cocoa Butter Wafers + 1-2 drops Raspberry Extract + 1-2 drops Vanilla Extract + 1-2 Stevia Drops or 1-2 teaspoons Pyure or Monk Fruit Sweetener
- Salted Caramel: 1 scoop Perfect Keto Collagen Peptides Protein Powder with MCT Oil Salted Caramel Flavor + 1-2 teaspoons Ghee or 1-2 tablespoons Heavy Whipping Cream
- Eggnog: 1-2 teaspoons Ghee or 1-2 tablespoons Heavy Whipping Cream + 1-2 tablespoons MCT Oil + 1-2 sprinkles Ground Nutmeg + 1-2 drops Rum Extract + 1-2 Stevia Drops or 1-2 teaspoons Pyure or Monk Fruit Sweetener
- Chocolate Covered Cherry: 1 large cup Cherry Flavored Coffee or 1-2 drops Cherry Extract + 1-2 teaspoons Ghee or 1-2 tablespoons Heavy Whipping Cream + 1-2 tablespoons MCT Oil + 1-2 sprinkles Cocoa Powder + 1-2 drops Vanilla Extract + 1-2 teaspoons Pyure or Monk Fruit Sweetener
- Nutella: 1 large cup Hazelnut Flavored Coffee or 1-2 drops Hazelnut Extract + 1-2 teaspoons Ghee or 1-2 tablespoons Heavy Whipping Cream + 1-2 tablespoons MCT Oil + 1-2 sprinkles Cocoa Powder + 1-2 teaspoons Pyure or Monk Fruit Sweetener
- Creamsicle: 1 large cup Orange Flavored Coffee or 1-2 drops Orange Extract + 1-2 teaspoons Ghee or 1-2 tablespoons Heavy Whipping Cream + 1-2 tablespoons MCT Oil + 1-2 drops Vanilla Extract + 1-2 teaspoons Pyure or Monk Fruit Sweetener
- Buttered Rum: 1-2 teaspoons Ghee or 1-2 tablespoons Heavy Whipping Cream + 1-2 tablespoons MCT Oil + 1-2 drops Butter Extract + 1-2 drops Rum Extract + 1-2 teaspoons Pyure or Monk Fruit Sweetener
- Pumpkin Spice: 1-2 teaspoons Ghee or 1-2 tablespoons Heavy Whipping Cream + 1-2 tablespoons MCT Oil + 1-2 sprinkles Pumpkin Spice + 1-2 sprinkles Ground Nutmeg + 1-2 sprinkles Ground Cinnamon + 1-2 teaspoons Pyure or Monk Fruit Sweetener
- Birthday Cake: 1-2 teaspoons Ghee or 1-2 tablespoons Heavy Whipping Cream + 1-2 tablespoons MCT Oil + 1-2 drops Vanilla Extract + 1-2 drops Butter Extract + 1-2 teaspoons Pyure or Monk Fruit Sweetener
If you loved these homemade flavored Keto Bulletproof coffee creamers, you will absolutely love my guide on how to order a Keto coffee drink from Starbucks.
Looking for more quick & easy recipe ideas? Check out these below:
- 11 Amazing Quick & Easy 5-Minute Keto Breakfast Ideas
- 15 Great Quick & Easy Keto Lunch Ideas
- 21 Keto Chaffle Recipes That Will Change Your Life Forever