Last Updated on May 17, 2022 by Olivia Wyles
I’m not going to paint you a pretty picture and tell you that Keto cocktails will help you lose weight, but it can help your sanity. And perhaps salvage your social life. Being on a Keto diet means saying “no” to lots of things especially during the Holidays. Equipped with this recipe list + carb counts, you’ll be able to enjoy all your favorite cocktails in their amazing low carb forms. You just have to make a few tweaks. Whether it’s happy hour or a holiday event, alcoholic drinks on the Keto diet in moderation are okay.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure for more info.
Will Keto cocktails kick me out of ketosis?
No, because alcohol does not spike your blood sugar. But, keep in mind, that no matter what diet you are on, alcohol makes it harder to lose weight because your body will try to burn it off first before it gets to the fat stores. That’s why alcohol is only okay in moderation. The occasional drink is not going to destroy your weight loss process so don’t fret! But the good news is, on the Keto diet, it won’t take much for you. Your alcohol tolerance will be extremely low because your liver will not have that extra glycogen stored since you aren’t consuming as many carbs. That means the alcohol will enter your bloodstream faster. I cannot stress enough that alcohol on the Keto Diet needs to be consumed in moderation.
What alcoholic drinks can I drink on the Keto diet?
It’s pretty straightforward. Stick to pure spirits like whiskey, brandy, cognac, vodka, gin, and tequila. They have zero carbs. Easy peasy. Any type of mixer should be sugar-free like soda water, diet soda, sugar-free energy drinks, and lemon or lime juice. If you must have beer, my top pick is Budweiser Select 55 at 1.9 carbs per bottle. The best low carb options for wine are (extra dry or brut) champagne or dry (red or white) wine at 2 net carbs per glass.
Now that you have some neat Keto facts under your belt, check out these great low carb, Keto cocktail recipes. You’ll love just how easy these are to make with just a few ingredients. Check them out and tell me what you think in the comments!
Check out the Low Carb Cocktails Printable Bundle for success on your keto diet!
Do you want to have a handy guide like this for your fridge? You’ll love this Low Carb Cocktails + Carbs in Wine Printable!
This printable has your favorite cocktails in one spot for easy reference! On sale for a limited time.
1. Mojito: 2 parts Unsweetened White Rum + 4 Lime Wedges + 12 Fresh Mint Leaves + 2 teaspoons Monk Fruit Powdered Sweetener + 1 part Club Soda/Sparkling Water + Squeeze lime wedges together with sweetener into glass + Muddle or bruise mint leaves with palm + Rub leaves on rim of glass and drop in + Fill half glass with ice + Add rum + Stir + Top with crushed iced and club soda + Garnish with sprig of mint [3 net carbs]
2. Margarita on the rocks: 1.5 ounces Unsweetened Tequila + ¼ teaspoon Orange Extract or Orange Zest + 1 ounce Fresh Lime Juice + ¼ ounce Monk Fruit Simple Syrup + Shake in cocktail shaker with ice + Strain onto fresh ice + Salt rim of glass + Garnish with lime wedge [3 net carbs]
3. Raspberry Cream Mimosa: 1-2 scoops Black Raspberry Rebel Ice Cream + 4 ounces LaMarca Prosecco + Scoop ice cream into Champagne flute + Pour Prosecco over it [4 net carbs]
4. Side Car: 2 tablespoons Granulated Monk Fruit sweetener + 1 Lemon wedge + 1.5 ounces Cognac + 1 tablespoon Orange Flavor + 1 splash Monk Fruit Simple Syrup + 1 tablespoon fresh Lemon Juice + Sugar rim of cocktail glass with granulated sugar and lemon wedge + Shake liquid ingredients in cocktail shaker with ice + Strain into prepared cocktail glass + Garnish with lemon peel [1 net carbs]
5. Martini: 2.5 ounces Unsweetened Vodka + .5 ounces Dry Vermouth + Shake in cocktail shaker with ice + Strain into martini glass + Garnish with olive or lemon peel [2 net carbs]
6. Manhattan: 2 parts Unsweetened Whiskey + 1 part Dry Vermouth + 1-2 dashes Orange Bitters + Orange Peel + 1 Maraschino Cherry + Rub orange peel on rim of cocktail glass + Shake liquid ingredients in cocktail shaker with ice + Strain into prepared cocktail glass + Add 1 maraschino cherry to glass + Garnish with orange peel [6 net carbs]
7. Old Fashioned: 2 ounces Unsweetened Bourbon or Rye Whiskey + 1-2 teaspoons Monk Fruit Simple Syrup + 3 dashes Orange Bitters + Orange Peel + Rub orange peel on rim of cocktail glass + Shake liquid ingredients in cocktail shaker with ice + Strain into prepared cocktail glass + Garnish with orange peel [2 net carbs]
8. Cosmo: 2 ounces Unsweetened Vodka + 2 ounces Unsweetened Pure Cranberry Juice + 1 ounce Lime Juice fresh squeezed + 3 drops Orange Extract + Splash of Monk Fruit Simple Syrup + Shake liquid ingredients in cocktail shaker with ice + Strain into martini glass + Garnish with lime slice [5 net carbs]
9. Pina Colada: 1.5 ounces Unsweetened Rum + ¼ cup Coconut Milk + ¼ cup Pineapple + 2 tablespoons Monk Fruit Sweetener + 1.5 cups Ice + Add all liquid ingredients to blender + Add ice + Blend until smooth + Serve in poco grande glass [5 net carbs]
10. Bloody Mary: ½ cup Unsweetened Tomato Juice + 2 ounces Unsweetened Vodka + 1 tablespoon Lemon Juice + 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce + ½ tablespoon Horseradish + ½ teaspoon Garlic Powder + Hot Sauce + Creole Seasoning (for rim of glass) + Bacon (optional garnish) + Olives (optional garnish) + Celery (optional garnish) + Rub a little lemon juice on rim of highball glass + Season rim of glass with Creole seasoning + Blend all ingredients except for optional garnishes in blender until combined + Pour into prepared highball glass filled with ice cubes + Garnish with optional toppings [8 net carbs]
11. Frozen Strawberry Daiquiri: 1 ounce Unsweetened White Rum + 2 tablespoons Lime Juice + 1 tablespoon or packet Monk Fruit Sweetener + ½ cup fresh or frozen Strawberries + 1 cup Ice + Blend all ingredients in blender until smooth + Serve immediately in martini glass [6 net carbs]
If you loved these Keto cocktails, make sure to check out all of my throw together Keto recipes and ideas.